From: Matthew Summers <quantumsummers@g.o>
To: Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-python@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-python] Bug 375257: python and >=linux-3 don't play well
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 13:51:12
On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 4:14 AM, Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o> wrote:
> I think it would be good to take the upstream patch and apply it to > our packages. We might even do this for all the old versions. However, > in the simple case that would mean revbumping 6 slots and requesting > restabilization, for something excessively tiny (which doesn't cause > issues for any Python built while running a pre-3.0 kernel). Is there > a way we can slip this in without revbumping for older versions, > keeping the stable keywords? Should we consult gentoo-dev about it? > > Cheers, > > Dirkjan > >
Glad this is fixed upstream and in Gentoo! As far as slipping this into older, stable packages without a revbump, I strongly urge against this course of action. Worst case and since its perceived as a pain, just don't bother with stabilizing the older versions until there is another release, if ever. If you have questions about policy, this seems to be QA related, so ask one of the team. Thanks! Matt -- Matthew W. Summers Gentoo Foundation Inc.

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-python] Bug 375257: python and >=linux-3 don't play well Sjujsckij Nikolaj <sterkrig@×××××××.com>