From: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
To: gentoo-python <gentoo-python@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-python] Wrapping scripts for multiple Python implementations: executable wrapper or symlinks?
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 05:21:35
1 On 30 September 2012 11:42, Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 4:46 PM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
3 >> Hello,
4 >>
5 >> Right now we have two different ways of 'wrapping' Python scripts
6 >> 'converted' for various Python implementations. One of them
7 >> is the wrapper script installed by python.eclass, the other symlinking
8 >> done by python-distutils-ng.eclass.
9 >>
10 >> I would like to ask you which one do you consider better, and thus
11 >> which one should I use for python-r1/distutils-r1.
14 > Of the choices, the wrapper idea (option 1) would be my preference.
15 > Functionality-wise, it is closest to what we have with the generated
16 > wrappers.
19 I also prefer option 1.
22 Cheers,
23
24 Ben | yngwin
25 Gentoo developer
26 Gentoo Qt project lead, Gentoo Wiki admin