From: Andy Spencer <andy753421@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-qa@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-qa] Save dev-util/plan9port !
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 07:51:13
1 I recently noticed that the plan9port package is scheduled for removal.
2
3 From package.mask:
4 > Diego E. Pettenò <flameeyes@g.o> (25 Jan 2011)
5 > on behalf of QA team
6 >
7 > Missing a dedicated maintainer; problems regarding LDFLAGS
8 > (bug #335471), overflows (bug #340671), W|X sections,
9 > and misc problems (bug #224209) as well as missing version
10 > bumps for about two years now (bug #273890).
11 >
12 > Removal on 2011-03-26
13
14 I would like to see this package remain in portage and would therefore
15 like to volunteer as the new maintainer. I've updated the existing
16 ebuild using a 2011-03-20 snapshot and have included quite a few
17 updates, including those from Bug #273890.
18
19 I've attached a copy of the new ebuild, additional files can be found
20 here: http://andy753421.ath.cx/linked/p9p/
21
22 It builds cleanly for me on x86 and amd64 machines. I've included fixes
23 for Bug #273890, Bug #224209, the W|X section issues, and a variety of
24 other problems. I wasn't able to immediately reproduce Bug #335471 or
25 Bug #340671 so they may either have been fixed upstream or I will need
26 more precise steps to reproduce. Some of these fixes are slightly hacky
27 patch files, so I'm planning on working with upstream for a proper
28 solution.
29
30 However, I am not an official gentoo developer so it sounds like I'll
31 need a "Proxy Maintainer" to review my work and push updates to portage.
32 Would anyone be willing to do this?

plan9port-20110320.ebuild text/plain