From: Stanislav Ochotnicky <sochotnicky@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-qa@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-qa] Re: [GSoC-status] Collagen - database schema and further changes
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 22:50:22
1 Hi everyone,
2
3 first thanks for responses to my last email. I was kind of joking
4 with the intruder part, but it still is nice to have feedback.
5
6 Now to good news. We had some nice results this week: first
7 discovered ebuild error. Apparently lxkde-base/lxsession was missing
8 intltool in DEPEND.
9
10 Apart from that everything went as planned. I was focusing on fixing
11 errors with collagen and building of packages. To speed up testing we
12 started building/using binary packages (with --usepkg --buildpkg). This
13 will have to be improved later when we start playing with use flags
14 more, but for now it will do.
15
16 I also fixed problem with unmerging system packages (collagen now skips
17 unmerging of packages in "system" set).
18
19 Rest of changes went into improving information we get when compiling
20 packages (debugging info mostly).
21
22 I guess this will be it for now, plans for following week are as
23 follows:
24 * fix few more outstanding bugs bugging me :-)
25 * compile even more packages and start filling database up
26 * categorize at least a few ebuild problems
27
28 See ya later alligators,
31 Stanislav Ochotnicky
32 Working for Gentoo Linux http://www.gentoo.org
33 Implementing Tree-wide collision checking and provided files database
34 http://soc.gentooexperimental.org/projects/show/collision-database
35 Blog: http://inputvalidation.blogspot.com/search/label/gsoc
38 jabber: sochotnicky@×××××.com
39 icq: 74274152