From: Academic Sam <academicsam@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-qa@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-qa] Running a tinderbox instance
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2011 15:21:27
Dear all,

 I've been a Gentoo user since 2003 and been programming in UNIX/C,C++ since
late 80's. Currently I'm teaching at a Canadian university.

After seeing Diego's blog post about possible ways to contribute to running
tinderbox, I thought I can try to help.

 I have access to a machine that is primarily used for teaching, but is not
used too frequently. This machine has four quad core xeon processors, 48G
memory, a 80G SSD and 2Tb disk space. It currently runs Gentoo and is
maintained by me. So, this can be used to run an instance of tinderbox.

 Since this is on our university network, it is not possible to let someone
else access it. So, I will have to do all the work in setting up and running
it (and I'm willing). To minimize disruptions to the current setup, I'd like
to run it in a separate virtual machine/chroot whatever.

So, if this is useful and if someone is willing to spend a bit of time
helping me get started, I'll be very happy to get involved and contributing
something back to Gentoo community.
--
Sam
PS: I'm currently administering about 6 Gentoo servers, have sent a handful