From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-qa@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-qa] Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage to die on sure-enough _FORTIFY_SOURCE overflows
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 22:36:12
Il giorno mar, 28/09/2010 alle 12.33 -0700, Alec Warner ha scritto:
> Its not clear to me what your purpose is. It is likely that many > developers will be unable to do 1. Does that concern you? Should > developers ask QA for help on packages?
Fixing the package is the solution, it's usually quick and easy to identify; if you can bring up _any_ example of unfixable or difficult-to-fix code, feel free. I don't think that was not explained by me, I even wrote a whole blog post about identifying, tracking down and fixing _FORTIFY_SOURCE warnings. -- Diego Elio Pettenò — “Flameeyes” If you found a .asc file in this mail and know not what it is, it's a GnuPG digital signature: