From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-qa@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-qa] QA checks and reports
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 19:25:07
On 01/10/2011 05:48 PM, Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
> Il giorno lun, 10/01/2011 alle 16.34 +0100, Luca Barbato ha scritto: >> >> Some options are either received them as email or make it show up >> through a website (like packages.g.o) > > One thing I'm going to make sure here is that we _will_ have a "push" > notification; a website one has to check is _not_ going to be the only > solution; we can add as many notifications we want but at least an email > has to go out.
> I for once usually don't keep many web pages open, but I always notice > email messages, and if we have a stable subject I'm going to put enough > priority on those that I can receive and act on them right as they > arrive, which is the main point of having this set up to be handled > automatically.
I have serious problems with emails (I lose some when I get an overwhelming number of them in a short time due thunderbird not being able to cope with them partially)
> Besides, I sincerely don't see how fate could scale well for this kind > of checks compared to the build checks ffmpeg runs.
The fate structure is quite sound: - color code the situation (the bar on the top) - group the results (per arch, we could have also per herd) - give an aggregate view with ability to dig down So I'd copy it. -- Luca Barbato Gentoo/linux