From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-qa@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-qa] QA checks and reports
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 19:25:07
1 On 01/10/2011 05:48 PM, Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
2 > Il giorno lun, 10/01/2011 alle 16.34 +0100, Luca Barbato ha scritto:
3 >>
4 >> Some options are either received them as email or make it show up
5 >> through a website (like packages.g.o)
6 >
7 > One thing I'm going to make sure here is that we _will_ have a "push"
8 > notification; a website one has to check is _not_ going to be the only
9 > solution; we can add as many notifications we want but at least an email
10 > has to go out.
11
12 Agreed.
13
14 > I for once usually don't keep many web pages open, but I always notice
15 > email messages, and if we have a stable subject I'm going to put enough
16 > priority on those that I can receive and act on them right as they
17 > arrive, which is the main point of having this set up to be handled
18 > automatically.
19
20 I have serious problems with emails (I lose some when I get an
21 overwhelming number of them in a short time due thunderbird not being
22 able to cope with them partially)
23
24 > Besides, I sincerely don't see how fate could scale well for this kind
25 > of checks compared to the build checks ffmpeg runs.
26
27 The fate structure is quite sound:
28
29 - color code the situation (the bar on the top)
30 - group the results (per arch, we could have also per herd)
31 - give an aggregate view with ability to dig down
32
33 So I'd copy it.
37 Luca Barbato
38 Gentoo/linux