From: "Diego Elio “Flameeyes” Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-qa@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-qa] Converting DevManual to Docbook 5 [WAS: Re: Official request for having Gtk+ and similar in tree p.masked before ~arch]
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 22:09:00
Il giorno dom, 22/08/2010 alle 00.01 +0300, Markos Chandras ha scritto:
> > As I already told you, I am willing to work with you on that, but I > will need you to > explain me briefly the technical details ( not the docbook syntax as I > know it > ) on how to convert guidexml -> docbook. If you have a repo for that > please > add me as collaborator so I can work on that and finally deal with > it ;-)
The repository is already on our hardware:;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/docbook (although I'd like to have this on gogo so that we can get the help of other people beside developers; a lot of the layout work here has been done by Mauro who's not a developer — although I was meaning to recruit him quite a while ago). As for the conversion, I'm attaching the xsl I've been using; it only gives a rough draft to starts with, then it's manual labour. It does not lose any feature during the move as Docbook 5 is much more expressive; and Mauro prepared a working syntax highlighter for the ebuild syntax. -- Diego Elio Pettenò — “Flameeyes” If you found a .asc file in this mail and know not what it is, it's a GnuPG digital signature:

File name MIME type
abomination2docbook.xsl application/xslt+xml