From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-qa@l.g.o
Cc: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-qa] qa lead election
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 22:47:17
1 On Monday 21 January 2008, Alec Warner wrote:
2 > On 1/21/08, Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o> wrote:
3 > > Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o> said:
4 > > > So, I have been thinking about the slacker system as well. Here's what
5 > > > I think we should be starting with as our plan to get back on our feet:
6 > > >
7 > > > * Clear out the QA bugs. We have several bugs that are assigned to
8 > > > us, or have us CC'd. We should do something with these, not all are
9 > > > difficult, but require a few people doing some work.
10 > > > * Get some sort of meetings or discussions going on the mailing list,
11 > > > and figure out a system to ensure that everyone on the team meets
12 > > > criteria we decide upon for them to be considered active.
13 > > > * Poll the user and dev communities to find out what they see as our
14 > > > biggest QA issues. After we get those, we can prioritize them and
15 > > > find out which are even solvable.
16 > > >
17 > > > That's all I have for now...there are lots and lots of other things we
18 > > > can start to work on as well, but I think these should be our focus to
19 > > > start with.
20 > >
21 > > So, its been several days now. Is anyone else interested in the QA lead
22 > > position besides myself? How do my plans above sound?
23 >
24 > They sound like crap; but crap is better than what we have right now.
25
26 could you elaborate at all ?
27 -mike