From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
Cc: Dane Smith <c1pher@g.o>, gentoo-qa@l.g.o, mattst88@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-qa] Re: Joining QA Team?
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 07:00:40

On 25/07/2011 01:58 πμ, Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
> Il giorno gio, 21/07/2011 alle 08.23 -0400, Dane Smith ha scritto: >> Sorry for the delayed response on my part. I had been out of town >> for the past little while(and swamped beyond that =P). >> >> I see no issue with you being on the team Matt. You need an ack >> from Diego (I CC'd him to this). > > Okay, first of all sorry if I've been out of communication for about > the past month: I'm having a personal bad moment — those of you who > follow my blog can probably tell, since I haven't written more than > one post in the past two weeks or so. >
Oh, I hope everything is ok
> The reason why I didn't answer Matt at first was that I was looking > forward for the new council's direction: I'd find it difficult to > actually lead anything without the council's back, so I wanted to > see what they wanted to do with QA.
I don't follow. I don't think the council has immediate plans to change the way QA works. After all, the Council cannot interfere with individual projects. There was a discussion about Council appointed lead for QA and Devrel but the discussion stopped there.
> > Right now, I'd still like to take a bit of time mostly to consider > thoroughly what the team should look like, if a team has to be there > at all, given that there are really two very different concepts of > QA: > > - day-to-day quality improvement: identify common issues and get > them processed; this usually involves being able to deal with any > ebuild on the spot without interfering with normal development.
This also requires manpower.