From: Stanislav Ochotnicky <sochotnicky@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-qa@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-qa] Re: [GSoC-status] Collagen - database schema and further changes
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 08:12:38
And here I am with another week report,

this week has been mostly about integration, deployment arrangements and
web development.

I also fixed two main remaining bugs, that is:
 * installation of packages even when KEYWORDS didn't have ARCH or ~ARCH in them.
 * nested use dependencies with '||' caused problems

The web development is quite easy now althought I admit that my
templates are more-less bare html django templates without any fancy
ajax or similar web 2.0 stuff :-)

For now we can easily:
 * list contens of certain package version (actually one compiled
   instance of that package version). If there was an error compiling
   instead of contents we can see build logs etc.
 * list only packages that were problematic (first category list, then
   package list)
 * search what packages certain path is in

Monday is suggested "pencils down" but since I haven't deployed collagen
yet this will not be our pencils down apparently.

For last week(end) I plan to polish up collagen, especially
documentation about workarounds and various hacks so that we will all
know what are current limits (there are quite a few but concentrated in
few places that can be easily improved).

Enjoy your weekend,

Stanislav Ochotnicky
Working for Gentoo Linux
Implementing Tree-wide collision checking and provided files database

jabber: sochotnicky@×××××.com
icq: 74274152