From: Christel Dahlskjaer <christel@g.o>
To: gentoo-qa@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-qa] Re: A new lead (spb) and a new member (christel)
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 00:46:41
1 On Tue, 2006-09-05 at 19:39 -0400, Alec Warner wrote:
2 > Torsten Veller wrote:
3 > > * Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>:
4 > >> Torsten Veller wrote:
5 > >>> And we have a new member: christel.
6 > >> Actually according to convention you can't just join a project; you
7 > >> usually need to ask the team and they kind of need to accept you. So my
8 > >> question is, what are your intentions for the QA project Christel?
9 > >
10 > > Would be nice to know, but the QA GLEP says that only current lead
11 > > needs to approve. He did.
12 > > The team selects the lead at any time.
13 >
14 > Actually if you review the alias she voted for him, so how was she
15 > approved prior to him being lead; if we had no lead prior to spb?
16
17 Nopes. I think you will find that with qa as many other alias a lot of
18 non team members are on the alias out of curiousity. qa@g.o
19 currently has 26 developers on it, not all of which are part of the QA
20 team.
21
22 > I'm not trying to be a nagger here, but even if he did approve her;
23 > where is the mail saying so? I'd prefer more transparency than just the
24 > lead randomly adding someone and not informing the rest of the team.
25 > God knows if I tried to join some other teams (hahaha mips, not like I'd
26 > get the leads approval) the entire team would be rather dismayed at
27 > finding me magically added.
33 gentoo-qa@g.o mailing list