From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-qa@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-qa] QA power to suspend access [WAS: Re: Roll-call for the team members and requesting a new election]
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 20:04:13
1 Il giorno ven, 03/09/2010 alle 19.43 +0300, Petteri Räty ha scritto:
2 >
3 > It doesn't require infra as DevRel has the needed powers to shut down
4 > access. DevRel is needed any way to process the retirement. I think
5 > infra should only be the fallback if DevRel people with needed access
6 > are not available fast enough.
7
8 If you couldn't notice, we're explicitly trying to get this done without
9 DevRel intervention at first.
10
11 Right now we have something along these lines:
12
13 QA team member finds the screwup → reports to QA lead → ask nicely the
14 devrel read → devrel can sit thinking about it.
15
16 In the mean time, the person who was originally caught can keep
17 committing, eventually bringing up a problem worse than the previous
18 one, and so on so forth.
19
20 What _I_ would like to see for QA? (and think others would agree)
21
22 QA team member finds the screwup → track down another one that agrees on
23 the problem being big enough → they ask infra to suspend access → devrel
24 can either negotiate for the reinstatement or proceed with retirement.
27 Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
28 http://blog.flameeyes.eu/