From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Resurrecting the seeds project
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 18:42:14
1 On Wed, 2007-11-14 at 14:00 +0100, Aniruddha wrote:
2 > Ok, what is the first step I should take if I want my stage 4 idea (
3 > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-610904-highlight-.html ) to be
4 > endorsed by Gentoo?
5
6 The first step is likely to see what Gentoo already has planned.
7 Basically, we've been planning on doing something very similar to your
8 idea for some time now. There's not really anything new in your idea.
9 It is good, but it isn't anything new.
10
11 We're moving in that direction. We're just moving slowly so that we can
12 do it correctly and within the realm of what we're able to support with
13 our limited manpower.
16 Chris Gianelloni
17 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
18 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams