From: Pieter Van den Abeele <pvdabeel@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Cc: Pieter Van den Abeele <pvdabeel@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Status Update
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 00:06:01
1 On 12 May 2004, at 01:19, John Davis wrote:
2
3 > I encourage the rest of the arches to start working on their release
4 > media, LiveCDs especially, ASAP as they take the most time to test. If
5 > we can hammer out many of the LiveCD bugs as possible for .2 we will
6 > make a lot of users (and developers) happy.
7
8 The ppc bootable livecds are as good as ready. I'm doing GRP/stages
9 builds now (mostly testing impact of toolchain changes on the
10 binaries). I'm hoping to build a gcc-3.4 or gcc-3.3.3_hammer compiled
11 release.
12 I'm using exactly the 2004.1 kernel and kernel config (except maybe for
13 pegasos support) since no problems were reported.
14
15 On my todo list is:
16
17 - cleaning up the ppc kernel ebuild categories. (Is johnm still around,
18 haven't heared from him in a while) - will be done by a new developer
19 (training ends on thursday)
20 - updated toolchain testing (incl. optimized G5 support)
21 - some small ebuilds (powerpc32 kernel personality changing tool)
22 allowing users to install a 64bit kernel with 32bit userland (no
23 multilib yet)
24 - (maybe) 32bit chrp/prep compatibility
25
26 Best regards,
27
28 Pieter Van den Abeele