From: Brad House <brad_mssw@g.o>
To: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] x86-livecd - bugs and suggestions
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 16:29:10
1 >> Works well, though we seem to be getting an error when it tries to start
2 >> hotplug from within the autoconfig script about needing to run
3 >> /sbin/depscan.sh. I made it run /sbin/depscan during the livecd
4 >> creation
5 >> to try to get rid of this error, but it did not seem to help, so I'm not
6 >> sure under what circumstances this can occur, but it does seem that
7 >> hotplug does start, and works properly, so I'm somewhat at a loss, other
8 >> than that, the livecd seems to be 100% in sync with the previous livecds
9 >> at this point.
12 > What type of fs is / once booted ? Also, when abouts is the autoconfig
13 > script run?
14
15 / ends up on a tmpfs, with symlinks back to the read-only livecd stuff
16 for the main directories, and /etc is also on a tmpfs so it's writable.
17 Autoconfig I made have a dep on 'need modules', so it gets run sometime
18 after the manually specified modules are loaded, but before local which
19 is 'after *'. It seemed it started _right_ before local on my system
20 though. (the autoconfig script I'm using is in this small tarball:
21 http://dev.gentoo.org/~brad_mssw/livecd-tools-1.0.0_beta2.tar.bz2
22 incase you wanted to look at how it calls hotplug)
23
24 -Brad
28 gentoo-releng@g.o mailing list