From: John Davis <zhen@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] 2004.0 Reminders
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 05:24:37

John Davis wrote:
| Hi all:
| Just some friendly reminders:
| -If you have not already, please get your kernel .configs for both 2.4
| and 2.6 (if possible) to drobbins and brad_mssw *IMMEDIATELY*. We need
| those .configs to make livecds.
| -A release note template + a beta release notes creation tool is in CVS
| at gentoo/src/relnotes. Start to get those release notes in order.
| Remember, you cannot release until releng has a finalized version of
| your arch's release notes.
| -Test week starts the 7th. We are still on track to make 2004.0 by the
| 22nd, so start thinking about snapping the portage tree and getting your
| testing started. Check the releng page for all essential parts that are
| needed to constitute a release (portage snap, relnotes, stages, grp, etc).
| -Arch leads, please mail me a status report on how things are going.
| If you have any further questions, please feel free to drop me a line.
| Cheers,
| //zhen

An addendum to this message:
The release notes generation tool is now complete in CVS - have fun!

Also, Daniel and Brad need bootloader info along w/ your kernel .configs.

- --
John Davis
Gentoo Linux Developer

- ----
Knowledge can be more terrible than ignorance if you're powerless to
change your world.
Version: GnuPG v1.2.3 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla -