From: Michael Marineau <marineam@g.o>
To: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-releng] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Call for feature requests for 2008.0
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 19:31:05
1 On Jan 24, 2008 10:23 AM, Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
2 > Hello everyone,
3 >
4 > Release Engineering is in the planning stages for 2008.0, so we're
5 > asking for input from the community on things that they'd like to see
6 > added/changed/removed from our release media. All requests should be
7 > something Release Engineering actually can accomplish, like profile
8 > changes, or changes to the stages or ISO images. We are interested in
9 > all ideas, though we may only choose a few, as time and mirror space are
10 > definite considerations.
11 >
12 > So, if you'd like to see something changed in Gentoo's releases, come on
13 > over to the gentoo-releng mailing list and join in the fun!
14
15 I've got one tiny request and a slightly unrelated question. First,
16 could we add rsync to the minimal install cd images? I tend to find
17 myself booting to a cd and then copying over an rsync binary.
18
19 Second, I saw on the release meeting agenda there was an item about
20 doing automated internal builds. I missed the meeting and I haven't
21 seen anyone post a log yet so I don't know what was discussed. I
22 currently do automated weekly stage{1,2,3} builds for use at the OSL
23 for x86/amd64 and could easily add ppc64. Would people find it useful
24 if I started posting those publicly in some semi-official manner?
25
26 Cheers,
27 --
28 Michael Marineau