From: Michael Marineau <marineam@g.o>
To: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-releng] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Call for feature requests for 2008.0
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 19:31:05
On Jan 24, 2008 10:23 AM, Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
> Hello everyone, > > Release Engineering is in the planning stages for 2008.0, so we're > asking for input from the community on things that they'd like to see > added/changed/removed from our release media. All requests should be > something Release Engineering actually can accomplish, like profile > changes, or changes to the stages or ISO images. We are interested in > all ideas, though we may only choose a few, as time and mirror space are > definite considerations. > > So, if you'd like to see something changed in Gentoo's releases, come on > over to the gentoo-releng mailing list and join in the fun!
I've got one tiny request and a slightly unrelated question. First, could we add rsync to the minimal install cd images? I tend to find myself booting to a cd and then copying over an rsync binary. Second, I saw on the release meeting agenda there was an item about doing automated internal builds. I missed the meeting and I haven't seen anyone post a log yet so I don't know what was discussed. I currently do automated weekly stage{1,2,3} builds for use at the OSL for x86/amd64 and could easily add ppc64. Would people find it useful if I started posting those publicly in some semi-official manner? Cheers, -- Michael Marineau Oregon State University mike@××××××××.org -- gentoo-releng@l.g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-releng] Call for feature requests for 2008.0 Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>