From: "Mirosław Mieszczak" <mieszcz@×××××××××××××.pl>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Call for feature request for 2008.0 (unicode)
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 14:16:56
> In documents of gentoo is an excerpt > explaining how change man pages for the UTF-8 format. > > "Man > > Man pages are an integral part of any Linux machine. To ensure that any > unicode in your man pages render correctly, edit / etc / man.conf and > replace the line as shown below. >
Yes, I know that. But there is only one small thing, this solution is not working with national characters out of ISO-8859-1 codepage. In such case there is necessity of conversion of manuals into utf8, and such solutions are available in external overlays like arcon (not yet in portage). Best regards Mirek -- gentoo-releng@l.g.o mailing list