From: Jason Wever <weeve@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] ANNOUNCEMENT: Testing phase for 2004.0 begins
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 23:54:01
1 On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 01:07:01 -0500
2 John Davis <zhen@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Additionally, if you want livecds for your arch, *please mail Daniel and
5 > CC the list your kernel .configs and bootloader info ASAP.* There is no
6 > guarantee that you will get a livecd if you do not do so - you have been
7 > warned.
8
9 The dependency on needing genkernel for livecd generation is really
10 hindering and not even needed on sparc or sparc64. Otherwise I could have
11 had you kernel configs ages ago.
12
13 Additionally, making boot loader dependencies modular so that the arch
14 folks could write them would probably speed things up a lot as we don't
15 have to bring you up to speed on it.
16
17 We don't have time to make a GRP set for sparc as it will take way too
18 long to build to make this time frame (stage generation takes 3 days or so
19 on a fast box). This can probably be fixed for 2004.1 as we can setup a
20 cross compile env semi-easily on sparc64, but I don't have the time for
21 this now.
22
23 I thought the release date was semi-flexible, so why this ultimatum?
26 Jason Wever
27 Gentoo/Sparc Team Co-Lead