From: Jason Wever <weeve@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] ANNOUNCEMENT: Testing phase for 2004.0 begins
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 23:54:01
On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 01:07:01 -0500
John Davis <zhen@g.o> wrote:

> Additionally, if you want livecds for your arch, *please mail Daniel and > CC the list your kernel .configs and bootloader info ASAP.* There is no > guarantee that you will get a livecd if you do not do so - you have been > warned.
The dependency on needing genkernel for livecd generation is really hindering and not even needed on sparc or sparc64. Otherwise I could have had you kernel configs ages ago. Additionally, making boot loader dependencies modular so that the arch folks could write them would probably speed things up a lot as we don't have to bring you up to speed on it. We don't have time to make a GRP set for sparc as it will take way too long to build to make this time frame (stage generation takes 3 days or so on a fast box). This can probably be fixed for 2004.1 as we can setup a cross compile env semi-easily on sparc64, but I don't have the time for this now. I thought the release date was semi-flexible, so why this ultimatum? -- Jason Wever Gentoo/Sparc Team Co-Lead