From: John Davis <zhen@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-releng] 2004.2 Info
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 16:49:21
1 Hi all -
2 I have some updated info regarding 2004.2. First, I have finalized the
3 release schedule and have updated the 2004.2 info page. Please inspect
4 for typos, corrections, etc:
5
6 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/releng/release/2004.2/2004.2.xml
7
8 I have updated all of the LiveCD and PackageCD templates. As usual, they
9 can be found linked from the Release Guidelines, but I will provide the
10 links below:
11
12 LiveCD Stage1-
13 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/releng/docs/livecd-stage1_template.spec.txt
14
15 LiveCD Stage2-
16 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/releng/docs/livecd-stage2_template.spec.txt
17
18 PackageCD
19 -http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/releng/docs/packagecd_template.spec.txt
20
21 I ***strongly*** encourage everyone who is building releases to use
22 these templates as I keep them up-to-date with package requests, bug
23 fixes, etc. The livecd-stage2 template comes with a lot of comments
24 describing the important specfile options that it takes, so please have
25 a look at it. I have tried to make them as arch-generic as possible, so
26 if there are any bugs that make them x86 specific, please let me know
27 and I will fix them.
28
29 I had a good portion of the Catalyst HOWTO rewritten and done, but my
30 laptop exploded and took my changes with it. So, it is on its way, but
31 delayed.
32
33 I had to commit some new sparc cdtars to Catalyst, as well as a small
34 motd fix. If it is ok with everyone, I would like to roll a 1.0.8.1
35 before I leave Friday. That version should be complete to build .2. Let
36 me know.
37
38 Cheers,
39 --
40 John Davis
41 Gentoo Linux Developer
42 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~zhen>
43
44 ----
45 GnuPG Public Key: <http://dev.gentoo.org/~zhen/zhen_pub.asc>
46 Fingerprint: 2364 71BD 4BC2 705D F338 FF70 6650 1235 1946 2D47