From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Call for feature requests for 2008.0
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 19:37:45
1 Michael Marineau wrote:
2 > On Jan 24, 2008 10:23 AM, Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
3 >> Hello everyone,
4 >>
5 >> Release Engineering is in the planning stages for 2008.0, so we're
6 >> asking for input from the community on things that they'd like to see
7 >> added/changed/removed from our release media. All requests should be
8 >> something Release Engineering actually can accomplish, like profile
9 >> changes, or changes to the stages or ISO images. We are interested in
10 >> all ideas, though we may only choose a few, as time and mirror space are
11 >> definite considerations.
12 >>
13 >> So, if you'd like to see something changed in Gentoo's releases, come on
14 >> over to the gentoo-releng mailing list and join in the fun!
15 >
16 > I've got one tiny request and a slightly unrelated question. First,
17 > could we add rsync to the minimal install cd images? I tend to find
18 > myself booting to a cd and then copying over an rsync binary.
19
20 No. See bug #90414 for details.
21
22 > Second, I saw on the release meeting agenda there was an item about
23 > doing automated internal builds. I missed the meeting and I haven't
24 > seen anyone post a log yet so I don't know what was discussed. I
25 > currently do automated weekly stage{1,2,3} builds for use at the OSL
26 > for x86/amd64 and could easily add ppc64. Would people find it useful
27 > if I started posting those publicly in some semi-official manner?
28
29 These builds aren't for public consumption. They're for QA purposes. We've
30 already been doing automated weekly stage[1-3] builds for x86/amd64 on poseidon,
31 and I think another arch may have been using my script, as well.
34 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
35 Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Installer + x86 release coordinator
36 --
37 gentoo-releng@l.g.o mailing list