From: Kumba <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-releng] Mips stages complete
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 10:59:20
I've finally finished up stageballs for SGI Indy & Indigo2, as well as
Cobalt mips systems and uploaded them to my dev site.  They all based on
20040131 portage snapshot, which is a week or so behind the actual final
portage snapshot date, but it takes an average of 3-4 days to get all
the stages compiled, so I'm fairly satisfied with these.  Now that stage
building is done, I'll touch up the netboots (upgrade busybox, and add
portmap in), and mips is then, more or less ready for I guess what you
could call its first "official" release.

The 2004.1 release may hopefully see more things, like a possible
LiveCD, Maybe O2 support, and well, who knows...

SGI Stages:

Cobalt Stages:

I'll eventually move these to the mirrors, given they're eating alot of
space up on emu (bad habit of mine).

"Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world:
small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are
elsewhere."  --Elrond