From: Benjamin Judas <beejay@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Cc: azarah@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-releng] Solution for baselayout-issues
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2004 20:52:31

we really need a solution regarding baselayout now. The Portage-tree
will freeze on Monday, 9th Feb. 19:30 CET (~13:30 New-York time).

baselayout- is the _only_ baselayout that works on the CD.
baselayout- didn't and doesn't work, too. We really
have other problems at the moment than versioning-issues. baselayout was
already striked out of my TODO-list 1 week ago. These problems throw the
x86-release at least 1 week back.

Please mark -r4 stable or take -r4 as basis for a new baselayout. If we
now have to start again with baselayout issues, we won't have a release
in February - and at the moment we already would be delayed a month
(Original release date was Jan 22nd). Another month would is

Benjamin Judas

GPG-Public-Key :
Key-Fingerprint : 4E65 AAFE 785B 61D8 E4D9  1671 E017 87B7 C31D EDD8