From: "Randall D. Wald" <rdwald@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-releng] LiveUSB (was RE: Re: Call for feature requests for 2008.0)
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 03:32:43
1 >On Sat, 2008-01-26 at 01:21 +0000, Nelson Batalha wrote:
2 >> I started writing the script for gentoo some time ago, but had to
3 >> stop.
4
5 >If someone were to take the time to put together a batch
6 >file/syslinux.exe combination for Windows and a bash script/syslinux
7 >combination for Linux, I'd add them to the CD.
8
9 >> Besides, environmentally speaking liveusb should be encouraged :p
10
11 >Sure. Rather than release a LiveUSB image, I'd much prefer extend the
12 >regular ISO to be dual-purpose.
13
14 Attached is a bash script I found somewhere to convert a Ubuntu LiveCD
15 into a Ubuntu LiveUSB. It probably could be adapted for Gentoo.
16
17 Sincerely,
18
19 Randall Wald