From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] DVD Releases for 2007.0
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 20:48:11
1 On Wed, 2006-10-18 at 16:37 +0200, Peter Weber wrote:
2 > And why you include stage3? Stage3 within a network based installation
3 > is complet nonsens.
4
5 First, stage3 is the *only* supported installation, so it makes perfect
6 sense. Second, a stage3 tarball can be used via both the Installer (it
7 has a URI browser) *and* on the command line for network-based installs.
8 Finally, I don't answer to you. I've already explained on another list
9 to you that we are *not* interested in supporting *your* idea of what a
10 network-less installation should be, and have moved on to something we
11 consider better.
12
13 At this point, you have three choices.
14
15 #1. Accept it
16 #2. Build it yourself
17 #3. Go away
18
19 I honestly don't care which one you do, but the one that I will not
20 allow you to do is to try to force us to do something we do not wish to
21 do with our volunteer time.
22
23 Good day,
26 Chris Gianelloni
27 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
28 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
29 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
30 Gentoo Foundation