From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] DVD Releases for 2007.0
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 20:48:11
On Wed, 2006-10-18 at 16:37 +0200, Peter Weber wrote:
> And why you include stage3? Stage3 within a network based installation > is complet nonsens.
First, stage3 is the *only* supported installation, so it makes perfect sense. Second, a stage3 tarball can be used via both the Installer (it has a URI browser) *and* on the command line for network-based installs. Finally, I don't answer to you. I've already explained on another list to you that we are *not* interested in supporting *your* idea of what a network-less installation should be, and have moved on to something we consider better. At this point, you have three choices. #1. Accept it #2. Build it yourself #3. Go away I honestly don't care which one you do, but the one that I will not allow you to do is to try to force us to do something we do not wish to do with our volunteer time. Good day, -- Chris Gianelloni Release Engineering Strategic Lead Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee Gentoo Foundation

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-releng] DVD Releases for 2007.0 Peter Weber <peterle@×××××××××××××.org>