From: John Davis <zhen@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Cc: solar@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] OpenSSL for GRP
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 05:04:00

Jason Wever wrote:
| On 11 Jan 2004 20:47:06 -0500
| Ned Ludd <solar@g.o> wrote:
|>Now as we are all getting ready for a releases we all need to try make
|>sure the things that will be included are current. Most of the base
|>system needs version bumps as well (util-linux for example).
|>Azarah (should be a larger group of people?) is in charge of most of
|>those pkgs so a friendly email reminder to him to bump to stable might
|>help us all in releasing a higher quality product.
| I agree with your points, however I've already started building the
| release stages on sparc because it's so time consuming.  Also with the
| proposed time frame we have for release, it is my opinion that there
| isn't time to properly build and distribute test stages to make sure these
| changes work effectively for all arches.
I would agree on everything except openssl. I have talked to aliz and
0.9.7-r1 (might be -r2) has been in testing for ~66 days, and he says
that a bump to stable would not be a problem. He will be bumping that
this week.

- --
John Davis
Gentoo Linux Developer

- ----
Knowledge can be more terrible than ignorance if you're powerless to
change your world.
Version: GnuPG v1.2.3 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla -