From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] x86 and ppc stages built
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 18:29:34
On Mon, 2003-12-29 at 06:26, Guy Martin wrote:
> I do not agree on this point. > > Think that many users are lazy and will not check handbook is something > has changed. For examples, I sometimes have to add or remove advices > about CHOST, CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS in make.conf because toolchain or > something else is more or less stable than before with some settings.
Then can we keep all the comments, etc in "make.conf.example" and keep make.conf as it is now with catalyst? We make.conf.example is made the new "exhaustive comment" version, then this solves the clutter problem and complex catalyst issues and also keeps the settings close enough to be useful. For example, the user could cp /etc/make.conf.example /etc/make.conf if he wants, or cut and paste from one to the other. Regards, Daniel -- gentoo-releng@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-releng] x86 and ppc stages built Guy Martin <gmsoft@g.o>
Re: [gentoo-releng] x86 and ppc stages built Jason Wever <weeve@g.o>