From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-releng] livecd support (mostly) done
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 05:26:08
1 Hi guys,
2
3 livecd-stage3 in catalyst is now completed (will commit in a minute.) I
4 have one last thing to add -- a "livecd-stage3/prune" variable support
5 for the spec file, and of course documentation.
6
7 But right now I am getting held up by a kernel bug. I can mount a
8 loopback fs, and try to copy files to it. I get a "no space left on
9 device." I can then repeat the exact same cp command, and a few seconds
10 later it works. Seems to be some weird synchronization bug in the
11 kernel. I'm using gentoo-dev-sources-2.6.0 and I'm wondering if anyone
12 has experienced anything similar. This is on amd64 but the loopback code
13 in the kernel should be arch-independent.
14
15 With this bug, sometimes the livecd-stage3 build works, and other times
16 it will abort with "no space left on device." Not pleasant :/
17
18 Regards,
19
20 Daniel