From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: releng <gentoo-releng@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-releng] OpenSSL for GRP
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 01:55:29
1 The last stages I tested from zhen had openssl-0.9.6 in them, this means
2 that all GRP stages would have an old version of OpenSSL in them. The
3 last thing we should do is release any stages/grp stuff with old
4 (exploitable?) software in it.
5
6 Now as we are all getting ready for a releases we all need to try make
7 sure the things that will be included are current. Most of the base
8 system needs version bumps as well (util-linux for example).
9 Azarah (should be a larger group of people?) is in charge of most of
10 those pkgs so a friendly email reminder to him to bump to stable might
11 help us all in releasing a higher quality product.
14 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
15 Gentoo Linux Developer