From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: releng <gentoo-releng@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-releng] OpenSSL for GRP
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 01:55:29
The last stages I tested from zhen had openssl-0.9.6 in them, this means
that all GRP stages would have an old version of OpenSSL in them. The
last thing we should do is release any stages/grp stuff with old
(exploitable?) software in it.

Now as we are all getting ready for a releases we all need to try make
sure the things that will be included are current. Most of the base
system needs version bumps as well (util-linux for example).
Azarah (should be a larger group of people?) is in charge of most of
those pkgs so a friendly email reminder to him to bump to stable might
help us all in releasing a higher quality product.

Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
Gentoo Linux Developer

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-releng] OpenSSL for GRP Jason Wever <weeve@g.o>