From: Mike Rosset <schizoid29@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] request for spec files used for building gentoo-install livecd
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 23:45:28
1 Chris:
2
3 Thanks for your reply,
4
5 I have enjoyed using Gentoo for many projects over the years, I've also been
6 very impressed with all of the releng projects. Even more so with
7 gentoo-installer.
8
9 What I thought was a simple request for spec files seems to have turned into
10
11 a nightmare. I had Andrew kick me out of "gentoo-installer" for even
12 bringing it up.
13
14 To make matters worst my ideas are not far off of the relengs goals, and
15 that's really to promote Gentoo and to have an install method that is less
16 tedious.
17
18 So now I'm stuck, I honestly would love to use Gentoo and Catalyst along
19 with Gentoo-Installer in my project, but how can I if Gentoo is unwilling
20 pass on information that will allow me to achieve my goals?
21
22 Regards,
23
24 Michael Rosset