From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Cc: Gentoo-Base-System <base-system@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] x86-livecd - bugs and suggestions
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 16:41:07
1 On Sat, 2004-01-24 at 01:55, Daniel Robbins wrote:
2 > On Fri, 2004-01-23 at 15:26, Martin Schlemmer wrote:
3 > > I do not have an issue, but '/mnt/livecd' or similar will be more
4 > > generic between different approaches. I will leave it up to you
5 > > guys for final decision though.
6 >
7 > I'd actually recommend not using anything in /mnt, as people have a
8 > habit of mounting stuff to /mnt. When you do this, the loopback fs is
9 > covered up and the LiveCD dies:
10 >
11 > mount /dev/hda3 /mnt
12 > (explosion!)
13 >
14 > So it would be better to create a special mountpoint in /var somewhere.
15 > I'm talking about the ideal solution, not necessarily what we need for
16 > 2004.0.
19 What about '/var/lib/livecd' or something similar?
24 Martin Schlemmer
25 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer
26 Cape Town, South Africa