From: John Davis <zhen@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Cc: Brad House <brad_mssw@g.o>, Gentoo-Base-System <base-system@g.o>, Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Re: baselayout changes for livecds
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 22:34:27
1 >I do not see the rush - all who is appropriate, can get things
2 >done for the time being, but I really want a few days to sit
3 >and sort through this.
6 >Thanks,
10 Azarah:
11 There is in fact a need for the rush. We cannot release 2004.0 until
12 these baselayout fixes are applied. I understand that you are concerned
13 about QA (and so are we), but you must understand that these patches are
14 of the utmost importance. The patches do not seem to be overly
15 intrusive, and I have seen some good ideas to fix the only controversial
16 part (the CDBOOT stuff). If you need to incorporate a USE flag, then
17 please do so. Realistically, we need to see these patches in a stable
18 baselayout by mid next week. Thanks Azarah.
19
20 Cheers,
21 //zhen
24 gentoo-releng@g.o mailing list