From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] catalyst livecd improvements
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 19:02:37
1 On Thu, 2004-02-12 at 04:04, tigger@g.o wrote:
2 > The runscript doesn't do livecd/unmerge or livecd/empty as far as I can
3 > see. So stage2 is still needed. Let me know if I'm missing something.
4
5 This is handled by the python code.
6
7 > I added /var/ccache to cleanables so that it was deleted before creating
8 > the livecd. Now someone has changed the catalyst code to sometimes put
9 > ccache stuff in /root/.ccache, but they haven't added any code to clean
10 > it up.
11
12 Please do not commit directly to the catalyst code. You can send me
13 patches if you have any changes that need to go in.
14
15 catalyst puts the ccache dir inside /var in the chroot, and sets the
16 CCACHE_DIR environment variable accordingly.
17
18 > I couldn't easily figure out how to do it now that its a moving target,
19 > I had four attempts and none of them working so I just added
20 > /root/.ccache to the livecd/empty variable :/
21
22 Again, please don't make direct commits to the catalyst code. Thanks.
23
24 Sincerely,
25
26 Daniel