From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Using cdrkit instead of cdrtools
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 03:07:38
1 On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 01:08 +0100, Lars Weiler wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > you might have followed the discussion about cdrtools'
5 > license change back in last summer. In order to avoid any
6 > conflicts I suggest we should switch to app-cdr/cdrkit, the
7 > GPLed version of CD/DVD recording tools.
8 >
9 > cdrkit is fully compatible to cdrtools and provides
10 > virtual/cdrtools. Every application with CD/DVD writing
11 > capabilities has been tested and some are patched now. Most
12 > arches already contain a stabled 1.0 version of cdrkit. My
13 > tests with ppc32-release-building and using cdrkit were
14 > successful.
15 >
16 > So I ask to switch to cdrkit, if there are no objections?
17
18 What is involved? Switching the virtual? If so, you should really be
19 asking on gentoo-dev, instead. I know that we don't explicitly ask for
20 cdrtools during release-building, but catalyst does specifically ask for
21 cdrkit. Are you wanting to get catalyst changed, too?
24 Chris Gianelloni
25 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
26 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
27 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
28 Gentoo Foundation