From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: base-system@g.o, gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Call for developers for livecds / catalyst
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 19:51:52
On Monday 12 January 2004 18:15, Martin Schlemmer wrote:

> > As for the whole CDBOOT issue - as I said in another mail, those > patches from Daniel did not include how CDBOOT was set. Further > do I not see why we should clutter /sbin/rc any more with things > like this, as the livecd is a special case, and do not need to > be dynamic or tweakable on the fly. Also, setting it in /sbin/rc > do not guarantee that it will be always set for rc-script - rather > then /sbin/, although some subset of how it was > previously done, but rather ebuild side might be the better > solution - like I said, I do not see the need for it to be dynamic.
I actually believe that we should take care that the configuration for cd's (with the special configuration and privileges (like no login)) is not just taken over to hd installs. It should be ensured that users can not by mistake throw away their security (and only with difficulties by intent) Paul ps. I don't want an advice like "if you want no passwd, just specify cdboot as kernel parameter" to float around on the forums -- Paul de Vrieze Gentoo Developer Mail: pauldv@g.o Homepage: