From: Nelson Batalha <nelson_batalha@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-releng] Checklists for testers and QA
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 10:37:41
1 -Does your computer run other OS/distributions without the same problems? If so, please list them (optionally along with drivers/modifications you installed/made in it).
4 For the LiveCD/DVD:
5
6 -Did you start all applications? In any case, are any of them failing? If so, what is reported when you run them on the command line?
7
8 > Subject: [gentoo-releng] Checklists for testers and QA> From: wolf31o2@g.o> To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o> CC: gentoo-releng@l.g.o> Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 16:38:22 -0800> > Well, I'm sure all of you are still reading over the summary and meeting> logs, but when you're done, I'd like to get everyone's involvement in> helping create the three checklists we plan on distributing. The lists> are Beta, QA, and Release. For the most part, they will overlap quite> heavily, but I still see the need for keeping them separate.> > In the case of Beta and Release, we'll also want to ask people for> specific information about their environment (hardware, software, etc.)> that will help us to troubleshoot the issues and focus more energy on> the worst problems.> > I'll start us off:> > - Which media did you download? (Minimal, Universal, LiveCD, LiveDVD)> - Did the media pass MD5/SHA1 checks? (If you didn't check, say so.)> > - Does the media boot on your system?> - If not, what errors were reported?> - Did you use any command line options?> - If so, which ones?> > - After boot, were all of your devices detected?> - If not, what was not detected?> - What driver does this device use?> - Is the driver on the media? (Say "don't know" if you're unsure.)> > - Did previous releases work where this one is not?> > - What chipset is your motherboard? IDE? SATA?> - Do you use external controllers for SATA/SAS/SCSI/etc.?> - If so, which ones?> - How much RAM is in your system?> - Did you try to boot with "docache" enabled?> - What video card(s) do you have?> - Was it properly detected?> - Did X start properly?> > This should be a pretty decent start and give everyone an idea of what> we would be looking for with these checklists. What things do you think> need to be checked for and what information do you think we would need> to properly diagnose any issues?> > -- > Chris Gianelloni> Release Engineering Strategic Lead> Games Developer> -- > gentoo-releng@l.g.o mailing list>
10 Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today it's FREE!
11 http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/