From: John Davis <zhen@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-releng] Release Dates, etc
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 11:42:24
Hi all:
First of all, I would like to say thanks to all of the people that are
working hard to make 2004.0 a reality. The work that is being done is
good, very good in fact.

I would like to push back the release date for 2004.0 from January 22 to
February 7. The reason for doing this is so that we can get proper
testing in for livecds, GRP, etc. There is no reason to kill ourselves
to get everything out of the door by the 22nd.

On February 7, I am going to recommend that all arch leads snap the
Portage tree for release of 2004.0. As always, if you do not feel ready
to release, don't worry about it. Just snap when you can - our main
concern is quality.

If you have any questions, either talk to me @ LWE, or drop me a mail.