From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: Gentoo-Releng <gentoo-releng@l.g.o>
Cc: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>, arch-maintainers@g.o, embedded@g.o, toolchain@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Re: Changes in >=gcc-3.3.3-r2
Date: Sat, 01 May 2004 14:47:54
1 On Fri, 2004-04-30 at 17:32, Jason Wever wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > On Thu, 29 Apr 2004, Ned Ludd wrote:
6 >
7 > > Current IUSE flags look like.
8 > > "X bootstrap build f77 gcj hardened java multilib nls objc static
9 > > uclibc"
10 >
11 > What is the difference between the java and gcj use flags here? /me isn't
12 > up on all of the various gcc compile options.
15 For historic reasons currently you need both java and gcj in USE to have
16 gcj support built ...
17
18 As I said in another mail, I do not think we should add gcj to the
19 default USE flags, as it is huge, and most people do not use it ...
20 opinions?
21
22 Another thought might be to drop the 'if use java && use gcj' and rather
23 make it 'if use gcj' to check weather to build gcj support or not ...
24 Ideas?
29 Martin Schlemmer
30 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer
31 Cape Town, South Africa