From: "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <znmeb@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Call for feature requests for 2008.0
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 03:12:13
1 Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > Hello everyone,
3 >
4 > Release Engineering is in the planning stages for 2008.0, so we're
5 > asking for input from the community on things that they'd like to see
6 > added/changed/removed from our release media. All requests should be
7 > something Release Engineering actually can accomplish, like profile
8 > changes, or changes to the stages or ISO images. We are interested in
9 > all ideas, though we may only choose a few, as time and mirror space are
10 > definite considerations.
11 >
12 > So, if you'd like to see something changed in Gentoo's releases, come on
13 > over to the gentoo-releng mailing list and join in the fun!
16 Well ... it's been a while since I saw an update to the *installer*, but
17 aside from that I don't have any "feature requests". For the benefit of
18 folks with slower hardware, you might want to think about installing the
19 binaries of Open Office, Firefox, Thunderbird and Evolution on a
20 networkless install from the CD.
21 --
22 gentoo-releng@l.g.o mailing list