From: "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <znmeb@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Call for feature requests for 2008.0
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 03:12:13
Chris Gianelloni wrote:
> Hello everyone, > > Release Engineering is in the planning stages for 2008.0, so we're > asking for input from the community on things that they'd like to see > added/changed/removed from our release media. All requests should be > something Release Engineering actually can accomplish, like profile > changes, or changes to the stages or ISO images. We are interested in > all ideas, though we may only choose a few, as time and mirror space are > definite considerations. > > So, if you'd like to see something changed in Gentoo's releases, come on > over to the gentoo-releng mailing list and join in the fun! >
Well ... it's been a while since I saw an update to the *installer*, but aside from that I don't have any "feature requests". For the benefit of folks with slower hardware, you might want to think about installing the binaries of Open Office, Firefox, Thunderbird and Evolution on a networkless install from the CD. -- gentoo-releng@l.g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-releng] Call for feature requests for 2008.0 Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>