From: Dan Dexter <wulfmahn@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Re: Call for feature requests for 2008.0
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 07:30:28
1 On Sunday 27 January 2008 05:59:47 pm Randall D. Wald wrote:
2 > Actually, I found a script to convert a Ubuntu LiveCD into a LiveUSB;
3 > maybe you could use it as a starting point. It's attached.
4 >
5 > Sincerely,
6 >
7 > Randall Wald
8 >
9 > Nelson Batalha wrote:
10 > >> If someone were to take the time to put together a batch
11 > >> file/syslinux.exe combination for Windows and a bash script/syslinux
12 > >> combination for Linux, I'd add them to the CD.
13 > >
14 > > I'll try to have the linux script by late February for the 2008.0 beta.
17 > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
18 > > Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! MSN Messenger
19 > > <http://clk.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/>
20
21 This sounds like a great idea. What about the minimal install CD though? Last
22 I checked the minimal install image wouldn't boot off a USB flash drive
23 unless you were using the 2006.0 image. I know liveUSB isn't "officially"
24 supported but if someone got the free time to get the minimal images to boot
25 from USB flash, I know it would make a lot of people happy.
26
27 --Dan Dexter