From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Checklists for testers and QA
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 08:26:54
On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 21:22 -0600, John Alberts wrote:
> Also, I think instead of asking the user what type of hardware they > have, they should be asked to attach the output of lspci, lsusb, and > cat /proc/cpuinfo.
Hardware information is fine and dandy, but having some piece of critical software not working that stops your installation is just as bad as missing/broken hardware support. I'd like to try to come up with some other tests. Realize that bugs in the Beta could be resolved before the final snapshot is made. The more we get fixed, the higher the quality of the release. -- Chris Gianelloni Release Engineering Strategic Lead Games Developer