From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] 2007.0 snapshot tracker restricted?
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 16:37:07
On Fri, 2007-03-16 at 10:12 -0500, Yuri Gagarin wrote:
> On 3/16/07, Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o> wrote: > The tracker bug is for developer use only. > > Understandable, but isn't there some way to make it read-only for the > masses? Lack of information may force me to go with another distro > here.
No, there is not a way to make it read-only. The 2007.0 snapshot is what we build the release against. It has nothing to do with your installing a system or not, as you will want to update your system after installation *anyway* so using a 2006.1 CD and running an "emerge --sync" and updating world afterwards will give you the exact same results. If this is really something that would cause you to go to another distribution over, there's not much that we can do about it and it is likely that you might not be happy with Gentoo, anyway. -- Chris Gianelloni Release Engineering Strategic Lead Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee Gentoo Foundation

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-releng] 2007.0 snapshot tracker restricted? Yuri Gagarin <zthg4821@×××××.com>