From: Brad House <brad_mssw@g.o>
To: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Re: baselayout changes for livecds
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 20:58:02
1 well, I hate to tell you, but 99% of the patch deals with stuff
2 not related to the kernel reading cdroot off the command
3 line. Also, CDBOOT was being put to the end of the rc.conf already,
4 but it did not appear to work, and we are using the cdroot command
5 line already specific to genkernel's initrd, so it was a non-wasteful
6 way to implement it.
7
8 I don't have time to argue on this stuff. The patch is sane,
9 it needs to be committed, yes there are other ways to do it,
10 but unless you have another option real soon,
11 that is tested and works, we're going to need something
12 in baselayout.
13
14 Azarah, did you not get my patches? Have you looked at them?
15
16 -Brad
17