From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Checklists for testers and QA
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 08:22:58
1 On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 21:06 -0600, John Alberts wrote:
2 > On Jan 31, 2008 7:40 PM, Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
3 > > So nobody has *any* ideas, at all for this?
4 > >
5 > > It's been a week and there hasn't been a *single* response.
6 >
7 > I think the list of questions you have suggested is fine. The only
8 > thing I would add is a comments section at the end of the survey.
9
10 No, it isn't. That list was what I could come up with in about 30
11 seconds without even thinking about it. I intentionally went light on
12 my own ideas to *try* to get people to actually give their input, since
13 everybody constantly complains about how their voice isn't heard by
14 Release Engineering and that I'm always off doing whatever I like.
15 People also complain about the quality. Well, this is people's chance
16 to suggest anything, openly. Though this has always been the case,
17 nobody has ever really exercised it, so we decided to announce it again.
18 At any rate, nobody is saying anything, which really just reminds me why
19 I didn't bother to ask before... ;]
20
21 Is it really that nobody cares or is everybody just being lazy and
22 saying "yeah, that's good enough" when I intentionally didn't list lots
23 of things that I'd came up with when writing the original list. I
24 honestly don't know which it is here.
25
26 /me is confused
29 Chris Gianelloni
30 Release Engineering Strategic Lead