From: Frank Lester <asertivos@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-releng] DMA support on Acer Travelmate 4150
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 10:13:24
I have been for some time with Gentoo, but recently I bought an old Acer
Travelmate 4150. The exactly problem is explained here:

It seems to exist a solution, and I was hoping that with 2007.0 the problem
was solved, but it wasn't. So, looking at the explained solution, just a
copuple of lines added, I would like to have this implemented in 2008.0.
Now, it is almost impossible to install Gentoo on my Acer, it is so slowly
that it can desesperate yourself.

I have tried Ubuntu 7.10 and the problem was solved with them. With Ubuntu
7.10 DMA is active. From Gentoo there is no way to activate DMA without the