From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] So when is it really safe to take a snapshot to use for release?
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 20:02:00
On Mon, 2004-01-12 at 09:54, Jason Wever wrote:
> I understand that Gentoo is a fluid distribution, but how can you provide > quality QA on a set of packages if they are constantly changing, > particularly when trying to build binary sets for distribution?
You're the arch lead for sparc, so you are in control "sparc" and "~sparc" keywords. You also control the snapshot used for the sparc release. So you ultimately control when things change on sparc. As for last-minute fixes, I think this is more of a communication and coordination issue, and of course we can and should communicate better. And we will. These kinks are to be expected as we're making a fairly major transition to a new release roadmap and a more open release process. 2004.1 should be a piece of cake compared to 2004.0 since we'll have the benefit of hindsight. Regards, Daniel -- gentoo-releng@g.o mailing list