From: Stuart Herbert <stuart.herbert@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] AMD64 dual-core testing on 2007.0?
Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 08:27:33
On 5/3/07, Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
> There's no pre-releases available, but I have a couple dual-core > machines and can tell you that current releases work quite well. You > don't need to wait for 2007.0 for dual-core support.
I can't speak for 2007.0, but I'm seeing nasty race conditions in the baselayout versions used on both 2006.1 and current stable baselayout with an AMD64 X2 5200+. On boot-up, I'm regularly seeing baselayout fail to remount / as read-write, because other baselayout scripts have already started running, and I'm seeing the reverse on shutdown, where / isn't being remounted read-only because other baselayout scripts haven't finished running yet. I do not have baselayout set to run scripts in parallel. Best regards, Stu -- gentoo-releng@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-releng] AMD64 dual-core testing on 2007.0? "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <znmeb@×××××××.net>