From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Checklists for testers and QA
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 03:02:31
1 M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
2 > Chris Gianelloni wrote:
3 >> On Thu, 2008-01-24 at 16:38 -0800, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
4 >>> In the case of Beta and Release, we'll also want to ask people for
5 >>> specific information about their environment (hardware, software, etc.)
6 >>> that will help us to troubleshoot the issues and focus more energy on
7 >>> the worst problems.
8 >>
9 >> So nobody has *any* ideas, at all for this?
10 >>
11 >> It's been a week and there hasn't been a *single* response.
12 >>
13 >> This is everyone's chance to give their input on what we should have
14 >> checked on the release media. If you do not speak up now, it isn't
15 >> likely that it will get checked.
16 >
17 > I have a 4 GB Athlon64 X2, so I'm planning on testing on that. One thing
18 > I might also test is building LiveCDs and LiveDVDs via Catalyst.
19 >
20 > By the way, I've got the 2.6.24 kernel and so far it's absolutely
21 > flawless on my machine, including the latest "nvidia-drivers" ebuild.
22
23 You guys misunderstand. He's not asking for testers. He's asking for things to
24 add to the standard list of questions that testers should provide answers to
25 when filing a bug report for a beta release.
28 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
29 Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Installer + x86 release coordinator
30 --
31 gentoo-releng@l.g.o mailing list