From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: Brad House <brad_mssw@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-releng@l.g.o, base-system@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-releng] Re: baselayout changes for livecds
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 10:27:10
1 On Saturday 17 January 2004 05:23, Brad House wrote:
2 > Ok, these are the necessary changes I've made to baselayout
3 > for livecds. I've seperated the necessary scripts into a
4 > /sbin/livecd-functions.sh to keep bloat out of functions.sh and
5 > rc. To summarize the changes, it reads 'cdroot' and 'console' off
6 > the commandline, and it exports $CDBOOT if cdroot is set, and
7 > spawns the proper getty (by rewriting inittab) as specified by
8 > the console command line passed to the kernel (if none is passed,
9 > default ttys are used, and uses auto-login).
10 >
11 > 2 patches here.
12 > - 1 to baselayout's ebuild to make sure /sbin/livecd-functions.sh
13 > is installed.
14 > - 1 to rc-scripts to add livecd functionality.
17 > TODO (in baselayout):
18 > - autogen random password on boot, for security
19 > - fix misc bootsplash stuff (not livecd related)
20
21 Will there be a way to keep these of of hd installs. I don't think that this
22 kind of functionality is good on hd installs. It makes it too easy to create
23 an insecure system
24
25 Paul
28 Paul de Vrieze