From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: Brad House <brad_mssw@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-releng@l.g.o, base-system@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-releng] Re: baselayout changes for livecds
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 10:27:10
On Saturday 17 January 2004 05:23, Brad House wrote:
> Ok, these are the necessary changes I've made to baselayout > for livecds. I've seperated the necessary scripts into a > /sbin/ to keep bloat out of and > rc. To summarize the changes, it reads 'cdroot' and 'console' off > the commandline, and it exports $CDBOOT if cdroot is set, and > spawns the proper getty (by rewriting inittab) as specified by > the console command line passed to the kernel (if none is passed, > default ttys are used, and uses auto-login). > > 2 patches here. > - 1 to baselayout's ebuild to make sure /sbin/ > is installed. > - 1 to rc-scripts to add livecd functionality. > > > TODO (in baselayout): > - autogen random password on boot, for security > - fix misc bootsplash stuff (not livecd related)
Will there be a way to keep these of of hd installs. I don't think that this kind of functionality is good on hd installs. It makes it too easy to create an insecure system Paul -- Paul de Vrieze Gentoo Developer Mail: pauldv@g.o Homepage:

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-releng] Re: baselayout changes for livecds Brad House <brad_mssw@g.o>